Weather conditions can change quickly. Observing during poor weather could cause damage to the telescope's electronic and optical systems. This is why the Liverpool Telescope has its own weather station. The station tells the robotic telescope when it is okay to open its roof and observe. It also lets it know when it should close the roof to protect what's inside.
All the data from the weather station is stored in a digital archive. You can use the following links to search that archive:
- Check the weather conditions at the telescope NOW.
- Check the weather archive for the last 48 hours.
- Check the weather archive for the last Month.
- Check the weather archive for the last Year.
- Check the Entire Archive.
It may take a minute to collect the data. Please be patient.